Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Preliminaries - Round 1

Weight - 263.2 lbs
Body Fat % - 27.1
Yesterday's Calorie Count - 2,106 consumed/2,176 limit - 70 calorie deficit

For this week, I'm just testing out the calorie counts and various workout options before really getting started next week. To explain a bit about the calorie count above, Livestrong.com says that in order for me to make my 2 lbs a week goal, I need to have a caloric intake of 2,176 a day - not really having trouble making it thus far, and when I add exercise to the mix, it should make it even better.

This morning, I managed a quick 15 minute workout consisting of pushups, crunches, bicep curls, forearm exercises, and rows. I probably could have pulled something more comprehensive given the time that I woke up, but I have this nagging habit of not doing much in the morning other than screwing around on the internet - gotta cut that out. I also ran 1.3 miles on Monday - kinda surprised myself with that one considering I've never really been one to run (walking is much more my forte). Some good running shoes will definitely be a needed upcoming purchase.

My goal for morning workouts is to wake up at 6:30 am and do some exercising. I am a person who doesn't mind getting up early, however, 6:30 is still a bit of a pain - perhaps it'll just take some getting used to. I'm thinking I'll reserve morning time for cardio stuff and maybe a bit of weight training that can be done at home - it was easier when I lived only 5 minutes from work, but my current 25 minute morning commute makes it difficult to get up, get dressed drive all the way to the gym and get a quality work out. If nothing else, I may reserve weight training for evenings when I'm not pressed for time.

It's definitely going to take some serious time budgeting to make this all work. With a full time job and full time grad school, it can be a pain in the ass to find spare time. It'll probably take some strides towards being more proactive with my schoolwork to make the necessary changes - quite difficult for someone who thrives on being a master procrastinator.

The next post will have some pictures of my sexy self to feast your eyes upon - it'll probably be helpful to establish a visual baseline instead of just the numbers.

Until then,
RoRo

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Hey Robin,

I found your email in my spam box... you damn spammer! haha

Seriously though, I'm proud of you for taking this step and I'll definitely be following this blog... so keep going strong.

As you may know, I'm doing the same thing but from the opposite dilemma.

Let me know if you need any tips (lots of great fat burning articles on our website - Check out Tom Venuto) I know I'm a skinny runt, but I've learned a lot about fat loss and what your body type needs to do to get leaner.

Definitely do weight training and cardio. I can give you some good tips on the best methods for your goal as well... especially if you like strongman training.

Anyway, like your inspirational role model.

Rock on Robino!

Brandon

 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.